Car flips across Interstate 5 construction in Stockton | News
STOCKTON, CA - A crash just before noon left a car on its roof and hanging across the new lane construction on Interstate 5 at March Lane in Stockton, according California Highway Patrol Officer James Smith.
Smith said for some reason, the driver in the interstate's northbound lanes smacked his car into the center divide and it rolled several times before coming to rest on its roof in a construction zone rebar over eastbound March Lane.
Officers said if the new lanes were not under construction, the car would have fallen into March Lane below.
The driver suffered minor injuries, Smith said.
Emergency responders pulled the car back onto the road but not before the unusual sight appeared to slow traffic.
Caltrans said because of the situation, northbound I-5 lanes one and two at March Lane were closed as was the southbound March Lane off-ramp for about an hour and a half.
Smith said alcohol appeared to play a part in the crash. The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Upcoming Events near Stockton: North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11
- Ceremony of Carols Delta College's Winter Choral Concert Dec. 4, 7:30pm
- Delta's Alpha Gamma Sigma chapter will hold a Bone Marrow Donor Registry
- Valley tech win: Dubai signs on with Manteca's Retail Green