CHP coming to aid of Stockton | News
STOCKTON, CA - Two troubled communities experiencing a surge in serious crime will receive help from the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow said starting next week, his department will begin assigning officers to Stockton and Oakland. The officers will come from neighboring CHP offices. They will provide additional patrols in high crime areas and more traffic enforcement.
Gov. Brown approved the help.
The CHP will seek federal grant money to help absorb the additional costs.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Everything you need to know about home canning
- One teen killed, another injured in Modesto auto vs. bicycle collision
- CDPH Lifts Warnings about Certain Seafood from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
- State approves fines in Turlock robocall case
- Police release identities of 4 poeple found dead in Turlock home