CHP coming to aid of Stockton | News
STOCKTON, CA - Two troubled communities experiencing a surge in serious crime will receive help from the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow said starting next week, his department will begin assigning officers to Stockton and Oakland. The officers will come from neighboring CHP offices. They will provide additional patrols in high crime areas and more traffic enforcement.
Gov. Brown approved the help.
The CHP will seek federal grant money to help absorb the additional costs.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Husband of hostage killed describes feelings, is anxious for answers
- "Neighbors in Health" offers free health screenings in Stockton this Saturday
- Union: California prison staff told to fake checks
- College kids come to Stockton for summer cleanup work
- Stockton native Maxine Hong Kingston receives 2013 National Medal of Arts