CHP coming to aid of Stockton | News
STOCKTON, CA - Two troubled communities experiencing a surge in serious crime will receive help from the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow said starting next week, his department will begin assigning officers to Stockton and Oakland. The officers will come from neighboring CHP offices. They will provide additional patrols in high crime areas and more traffic enforcement.
Gov. Brown approved the help.
The CHP will seek federal grant money to help absorb the additional costs.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Denham to Host United States Military Academy Information Night in Modesto
- Valley chicken farm operators banned from working with animals
- Modesto Irrigation District identifies alleged water thieves
- Reader Showcase // Our Crate & Barrel Outdoor Furniture
- A man was killed when he failed to yield to an oncoming train in Turlock Saturday night.