CHP coming to aid of Stockton | News
STOCKTON, CA - Two troubled communities experiencing a surge in serious crime will receive help from the California Highway Patrol.
CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow said starting next week, his department will begin assigning officers to Stockton and Oakland. The officers will come from neighboring CHP offices. They will provide additional patrols in high crime areas and more traffic enforcement.
Gov. Brown approved the help.
The CHP will seek federal grant money to help absorb the additional costs.
Upcoming Events near Stockton: North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11