Beyonce joins UN's global humanitarian campaign | News
NEW YORK (AP) - Beyonce is teaming with the United Nations and humanitarian aid organizations on a global campaign to encourage people around the world to get involved.
The international pop star and songwriter Diane Warren will donate a video of "I Was Here" that will be filmed in the UN General Assembly Hall in New York in front of a live audience. The video will premiere Aug. 19 on World Humanitarian Day and the UN hopes it will help the campaign reach 1 billion people.
A news release says the campaign website launched Thursday and allows people to share individual acts of good.
Beyonce says in the statement that World Humanitarian Day is a chance to work together and "this is our time to leave our mark on the world."
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Murder suspect in standoff with deputies in Stockton
- CHP: 3 year old not in car seat dies in Stockton crash
- Calif. water managers open the floodgates a little
- Interconnection: When the Arts Touch, Dance performance at Delta College - April 18 & 19, 8pm
- Annual San Joaquin USA Math Steeplechase Continues to Add Up