Hogan Lake drowning victim identified | News
VALLEY SPRINGS, CA - A Valley Springs man did not survive after being pulled from Hogan Lake Tuesday evening.
According to the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office, emergency responders arrived at the lake's Wrinkle Cove to find 20-year-old Isaias Zurita had been rescued from the water and others were performing CPR. Zurita was first transported by ambulance and then flown by medical helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center. The sheriff's office learned Wednesday morning that Zurita had died.
The emergency call was received by the sheriff's department at approximately 7:15 p.m.
No other information regarding the circumstances leading up to the drowning was available.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Beat the headache of finding a parking spot at the Modesto Grand Prix!
- Everything you need to know about home canning
- One teen killed, another injured in Modesto auto vs. bicycle collision
- CDPH Lifts Warnings about Certain Seafood from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
- State approves fines in Turlock robocall case
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect
- Former gang member: There is hope for members who want out
- Asparagus Festival to return with new promoters, new location
- Employee from targeted Stockton bank recalls January robbery and car theft