Northern Calif. city named among America's 10 most dangerous | News
A local city has received national attention for it's high rate of violent crimes. Mentioned alongside cities like Detroit and Oakland, known for their frequency of violent crimes, this city made the Wall Street Journal's list of America's 10 most dangerous cities.
The rankings were "based on the FBI's Uniform Crime Report, 24/7 Wall St. identified the 10 U.S. cities with populations of 100,000 or more with the highest rates of violent crime per 1,000 residents. Using the estimated populations and crime incidents from UCR, which measures incidents of eight types of violent and nonviolent crime for 2011, 24/7 Wall St. calculated the incidence of the four types of violent crime per 1,000 persons for that year: murder, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault."
Following is the complete list of the 10 most dangerous cities in America per the Wall Street Journal:
- Flint, Michigan
- Detroit Michigan
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Oakland, California
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Stockton, California
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stockton teen killed in drive-by shooting
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Central Valley Target stores hit with credit card security breach
- San Joaquin Delta College's College Night 2014
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014