Garbage man shot by kids using pellet guns in Stockton | News
STOCKTON, CA - A driver for Waste Management picking up trash in north Stockton was hit by a pellet fired by two children Monday morning.
Danny Gonzalez was on Crestview Circle in the Spanos Park neighborhood when he felt something hit him in the back of his head.
"Just felt like a sharp object, then I saw them holding the guns in their hands, right here in the garage," Gonzalez said. "I'm ok, but just got to let them know it's not all right to do."
The boys went back into their home while Gonzalez called police; but, the they wouldn't open the door to the home until one of their mothers arrived.
That woman, who didn't provide her name, seemed far more angry at Gonzalez for calling the police.
"They (the boys) were scared, you should have knocked on the door and said something. My son didn't do this on purpose," she told Gonzalez shortly after getting home.
Because he wasn't hurt, Gonzalez declined to press charges against the boys. He thought they were both about 12 years old.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stockton teen killed in drive-by shooting
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Central Valley Target stores hit with credit card security breach
- San Joaquin Delta College's College Night 2014
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014