Auto shop owner arrested for customer credit card scam | News
ESCALON, CA - The owner of All City Automotive was arrested Friday for an elaborate credit card scheme involving his customers private information.
According to Officer Robert Hardgrave with the Escalon Police Department, Phakdey Liv and his brother Phalla had been copying their customers' credit card numbers onto counterfeit cards. They would then use the cards to purchase items such as ipads, clothing and even cans of spam.
The brothers allegedly also purchased various other items, all with the purpose of re-selling them for cash.
Hardgrave said that in 2011, at least 33 customers had their information stolen by the brothers.
An arrest warrant is also out for Phalla, who is said to be living in Stockton.
Upcoming Events near Stockton: North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11
- Ceremony of Carols Delta College's Winter Choral Concert Dec. 4, 7:30pm