Auto shop owner arrested for customer credit card scam | News
ESCALON, CA - The owner of All City Automotive was arrested Friday for an elaborate credit card scheme involving his customers private information.
According to Officer Robert Hardgrave with the Escalon Police Department, Phakdey Liv and his brother Phalla had been copying their customers' credit card numbers onto counterfeit cards. They would then use the cards to purchase items such as ipads, clothing and even cans of spam.
The brothers allegedly also purchased various other items, all with the purpose of re-selling them for cash.
Hardgrave said that in 2011, at least 33 customers had their information stolen by the brothers.
An arrest warrant is also out for Phalla, who is said to be living in Stockton.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect