Auto shop owner arrested for customer credit card scam | News
ESCALON, CA - The owner of All City Automotive was arrested Friday for an elaborate credit card scheme involving his customers private information.
According to Officer Robert Hardgrave with the Escalon Police Department, Phakdey Liv and his brother Phalla had been copying their customers' credit card numbers onto counterfeit cards. They would then use the cards to purchase items such as ipads, clothing and even cans of spam.
The brothers allegedly also purchased various other items, all with the purpose of re-selling them for cash.
Hardgrave said that in 2011, at least 33 customers had their information stolen by the brothers.
An arrest warrant is also out for Phalla, who is said to be living in Stockton.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Murder suspect in standoff with deputies in Stockton
- CHP: 3 year old not in car seat dies in Stockton crash
- Calif. water managers open the floodgates a little
- Interconnection: When the Arts Touch, Dance performance at Delta College - April 18 & 19, 8pm
- Annual San Joaquin USA Math Steeplechase Continues to Add Up