Auto shop owner arrested for customer credit card scam | News
ESCALON, CA - The owner of All City Automotive was arrested Friday for an elaborate credit card scheme involving his customers private information.
According to Officer Robert Hardgrave with the Escalon Police Department, Phakdey Liv and his brother Phalla had been copying their customers' credit card numbers onto counterfeit cards. They would then use the cards to purchase items such as ipads, clothing and even cans of spam.
The brothers allegedly also purchased various other items, all with the purpose of re-selling them for cash.
Hardgrave said that in 2011, at least 33 customers had their information stolen by the brothers.
An arrest warrant is also out for Phalla, who is said to be living in Stockton.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake
- California Transportation Commission Awards $221 Million in Active Transportation Program Funds Stat
- Stockton police union helps needy school for 5th year
- Stockton Beer Week is back for the 3rd year and bigger than ever!
- Are Stockton loitering signs helping or hurting?