Stockton criminal roundup involves 13 agencies | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - Officers with 13 police agencies swarmed out across the city of Stockton Friday afternoon to an effort to address the city's serious crime problem.
Stockton cops were joined by 12 other agencies; local, state and federal. The targets were people with warrants, people wanted for recent crimes, and drivers who could be pulled over for various violations.
One driver stopped for a broken light was arrested for having marijuana in his car. A bike rider pulled over for being on a sidewalk had three shotgun shells on him.
Stockton Police Chief Eric Jones said this sort of operation wasn't possible without heavy assistance because his office has suffered such serious staffing cuts.
Both Jones and Mayor Ann Johnston said before the sweep began that Stockton's current crime rate is unacceptable.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect