Stockton car theft victim finds his stolen cars | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - EXCLUSIVE: Seven cars stolen from a Stockton auto repair lot were located not far away at an auto dismantler business.
The vehicles were taken some time over the weekend from Automeister, a business that specializes in engine repairs on Volvos, Mercedes and BMWs.
Co-owner Dave Alcoriza said he got a tip where the cars might have been taken, and a few hours later he found them and called the California Highway Patrol.
"They're just scrapping for the old heavy metal, cutting that stuff up and selling for scrap metal," said Alcoriza.
No arrests were made as of Monday afternoon, but the investigation gained energy when three more stolen vehicles were found at the same location.
One of the cars stolen: the 68 Volvo Alcoriza drove in high school.
"We had a good time in that car. It broke my heart this morning seeing that car gone," he said.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014
- Haggerty Construction celebrates fulfillment of dream with new Stockton office opening
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake
- California Transportation Commission Awards $221 Million in Active Transportation Program Funds Stat
- Stockton police union helps needy school for 5th year