Stockton car theft victim finds his stolen cars | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - EXCLUSIVE: Seven cars stolen from a Stockton auto repair lot were located not far away at an auto dismantler business.
The vehicles were taken some time over the weekend from Automeister, a business that specializes in engine repairs on Volvos, Mercedes and BMWs.
Co-owner Dave Alcoriza said he got a tip where the cars might have been taken, and a few hours later he found them and called the California Highway Patrol.
"They're just scrapping for the old heavy metal, cutting that stuff up and selling for scrap metal," said Alcoriza.
No arrests were made as of Monday afternoon, but the investigation gained energy when three more stolen vehicles were found at the same location.
One of the cars stolen: the 68 Volvo Alcoriza drove in high school.
"We had a good time in that car. It broke my heart this morning seeing that car gone," he said.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Husband of hostage killed describes feelings, is anxious for answers
- "Neighbors in Health" offers free health screenings in Stockton this Saturday
- Union: California prison staff told to fake checks
- College kids come to Stockton for summer cleanup work
- Stockton native Maxine Hong Kingston receives 2013 National Medal of Arts