Stockton soccer coach faces underage sex allegations | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - Stockton police confirm they took a youth soccer coach into custody Wednesday on suspicion of child sex.
Ernesto Higareda Farias, 47, was arrested on booking charges of annoyance or molestation of a child under age 18 and arranging to meet a minor for the purpose of lewd or lascivious acts, or indecent exposure.
According to Officer Pete Smith, Farias was arrested at Grupe Park. Smith said there may be more than one victim and police continue to investigate.
A spokesman for the California Youth Soccer Association-North said in a phone interview that Farias coached for a Manteca team, but the CYSA ended its relationship with Farias after the 2007-2008 season for "character issues." He said Farias had problems with some parents.
A check of four local youth soccer leagues did not turn up Farias as one of their coaches. Several league administrators, however, said they were familiar with Farias as a private soccer instructor.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Central Valley Target stores hit with credit card security breach
- San Joaquin Delta College's College Night 2014
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014
- Haggerty Construction celebrates fulfillment of dream with new Stockton office opening
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake