Teens suspected of attempted burglary in Stockton | Crime
STOCKTON, Calif. - Two teenage boys, 15 and 17, were arrested on Sunday morning after police say they attempted to break into a home on the 2200 block of Stern Place.
Stockton officers were dispatched to the home at 10:21 a.m. in response to a possible burglary in progress after witnesses observed the teens jump over a fence with socks on their hands, and attempt to enter the home through a rear window, said police.
The youths left before accessing the house, but were detained by police a short distance away.
According to police, the boys had rocks in their pockets when apprehended.
They were then positively identified during an in-field show-up and arrested for attempted burglary, conspiracy and possession of burglary tools.
Both suspects were booked into Juvenile Hall.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- About a thousand attend funeral for shootout victim
- Stockton, CA leading contender for Tesla battery factory says Los Angeles Times
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized