3 sentenced in Stockton fatal beating of teen trying to leave gang | Crime
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) - A judge has sentenced three convicted gang members to more than 19 years each in prison in the fatal beating in Stockton of a 14-year-old boy who authorities say was trying to leave the gang.
The Record of Stockton reports that Ron Korm and Kailler Sam, both 18, and 25-year-old Ly Jan So were sentenced Monday after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter with gang and great bodily injury enhancements and an additional gang charge. They were among eight people charged in the 2010 death of Rin Ros.
Authorities say Ros was pulled out of a car at a park and beaten and stomped on. Four other defendants are facing trial.
A fifth, 18-year-old Allen Phalit, has also accepted a plea deal and is expected to be sentenced to 14 years in prison at a later date.
Upcoming Events near Stockton: North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11
- Ceremony of Carols Delta College's Winter Choral Concert Dec. 4, 7:30pm