Stockton man who lived with corpse found guilty | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - A Stockton man who kept a decomposing body in his downtown apartment was convicted of murder, with the special circumstance of torture, in the death of Veronica Brown.
A San Joaquin County Superior Court jury convicted Devon Epps after approximately one hour of deliberations Wednesday.
Prosecutor Thomas Testa said the insanity phase of the trial starts Thursday, since Epps had pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. Testa said because Epps appears to have mental issues, his office decided against seeking the death penalty.
Brown disappeared in the summer of 2011. When her remains were found months later in the apartment of Epps, he was arrested. Brown had been beaten with a metal table pedestal, raped, and stabbed numerous times, according to the coroner.
Upcoming Events near Stockton: North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta’s 100th Anniversary time capsule has been cleared for its voyage through time and space!
- Stockton Homeless Clothing Drive at Delta College
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm