Stockton police investigate two homicides within several hours | Crime
STOCKTON- Stockton police are investigating two separate homicides that occurred within several hours late Saturday night into early Sunday morning.
A convenience store clerk was shot Saturday at 10:20 p.m. at Paisano Market 2460 East Main Street, according to Officer Joe Silva.
The 37-year-old male clerk was transported to an area hospital where he died, Silva said.
The motive for the clerk shooting is under investigation.
Silva said investigators were busy investigating the crime scene where the clerk was killed, when they were called out to respond to another homicide that occurred early Sunday just before 4 a.m.
4 people were shot in a residential neighborhood on the 8600 block of Acapulco Way.
Silva said a 35-year-old male victim died of his injures at the hospital. Two other men and a woman had also been shot, one of the victims is in critical condition and the others are expected to be ok.
These latest homicides bring the total for Stockton to 65 for 2012, the city had 58 in 2011.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Everything you need to know about home canning
- One teen killed, another injured in Modesto auto vs. bicycle collision
- CDPH Lifts Warnings about Certain Seafood from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
- State approves fines in Turlock robocall case
- Police release identities of 4 poeple found dead in Turlock home