3rd child sex lawsuit against former Stockton priest | Crime
STOCKTON, CA (AP) - A third California man is suing the Stockton Diocese saying a former priest sexually assaulted him more than a decade ago when he was a 10-year-old altar boy in Calaveras County.
The new child sex allegations come about six months after a jury found the Rev. Michael Kelly liable for molesting a Catholic school student in Stockton.
Two months ago, another San Joaquin Valley lawsuit claimed Kelly molested a 12-year-old altar boy in the early 2000s when Kelly was a priest at St. Andrews Church in San Andreas.
The Modesto Bee says the new lawsuit claims Kelly repeatedly came to the boy's house unannounced and assaulted him. The diocese has refused comment.
Kelly was removed from the ministry and has since gone to his native Ireland, citing health problems.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- About a thousand attend funeral for shootout victim
- Stockton, CA leading contender for Tesla battery factory says Los Angeles Times
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized