Stockton man accused of killing missing woman | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - A body of a woman found inside a Pleasanton trashcan in May has been identified as a missing 25-year-old Stockton woman.
The body of Ana Flores-Pineda was found inside of a trashcan in the wooded area off of the 11000 block of Dublin Canyon Road by a Pleasanton homeowner on May 24, 2012, Stockton police Officer Joe Silva said.
Flores-Pineda was reported missing on June 12. Stockton detectives started working with Pleasanton police on the case and were able to identify her.
Pleasanton police said Flores-Pineda's murder occurred in Stockton and then her body was taken to Pleasanton and placed in the trashcan
Pleasanton police executed a search warrant with Stockton police early Wednesday morning at Flores-Pineda's home near McGaw Street and Rosemary Lane in Stockton. At the home, officers arrested Javier Prado Sandoval, 30, Silva said.
Sandoval and Flores-Pineda lived together at the home.
Sandoval was booked into San Joaquin County Jail for the murder of Flores-Pineda, Silva said. He said the motive behind her murder was domestic violence.
Stockton police and Pleasanton police continued to investigate the case.
Flores-Pineda's death is considered Stockton's 61st homicide of the year; last year, Stockton had 58 homicides.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- San Joaquin Delta College's College Night 2014
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014
- Haggerty Construction celebrates fulfillment of dream with new Stockton office opening
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake
- California Transportation Commission Awards $221 Million in Active Transportation Program Funds Stat