Stockton's 50th homicide victim identified | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - A man was shot and killed late Wednesday night in a north Stockton neighborhood.
Stockton police responded to the 9300 block of Dalewood Street around 11:33 p.m. and found a 26-year-old Asian man with a gunshot wound, Officer Joe Silva said.
Thursday, San Joaquin County sheriff's spokesman Deputy Les Garica said the man was Phi Van Tran.
Tran was transported to the hospital where he later died.
Silva said homicides detectives remained to process the scene.
This was Stockton's 50th homicide of the year. Last year, Stockton set the record for the number of homicides with 58.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Central Valley Target stores hit with credit card security breach
- San Joaquin Delta College's College Night 2014
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014
- Haggerty Construction celebrates fulfillment of dream with new Stockton office opening