Stockton's 50th homicide victim identified | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - A man was shot and killed late Wednesday night in a north Stockton neighborhood.
Stockton police responded to the 9300 block of Dalewood Street around 11:33 p.m. and found a 26-year-old Asian man with a gunshot wound, Officer Joe Silva said.
Thursday, San Joaquin County sheriff's spokesman Deputy Les Garica said the man was Phi Van Tran.
Tran was transported to the hospital where he later died.
Silva said homicides detectives remained to process the scene.
This was Stockton's 50th homicide of the year. Last year, Stockton set the record for the number of homicides with 58.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment
- Verve Networks nationally recognized
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect