Aunt, uncle, cousins charged with torturing young relatives | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - Four relatives caring for five children in Stockton were formally charged with child abuse in San Joaquin County Superior Court Tuesday.
The children, ages 6 to 14, were reported to Stockton police by a elementary school personnel last Thursday, according to Officer Joe Silva. The kids were taken into the custody of Child Protective Services.
Arraigned each on two counts of torture, three counts of child abuse, five counts of child endangerment and one count of criminal threats were the children's aunt, Edith Yolanda Orozco, 50; uncle George Orozco Sr., 59; and cousins, George Orozco Jr., 21, and Sara Orozco, 18.
Outside of court, Edith Orozco's sister defended the family. She said they had taken the children in and cared for them after they were removed from their parents' home because of the father had allegedly abused them.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Central Valley Target stores hit with credit card security breach
- San Joaquin Delta College's College Night 2014
- Delta College Center for the Arts & L.H. Horton Gallery Presents: Visions in Clay 2014
- Haggerty Construction celebrates fulfillment of dream with new Stockton office opening
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake