Stockton homicide numbers broken down | Crime
STOCKTON, CA - As Stockton deals with yet another homicide Thursday, the 33rd of the year, News10 has broken down the numbers and reasons for those killings.
- Of the 33 homicide victims, 30 are male and 3 female.
- There were 17 last year at this time.
- Twenty victims were between the ages of 20 and 40. Five were between the ages of 40 and 60. Three were teenagers and two were babies.
- June was the deadliest month with 9 homicides. There were 8 in March.
- Police say gang activity was responsible for 13 homicides. Three involved domestic violence and in three killings, robberies were committed. Police don't know the motives in many of the murders.
- Arrests were made in 16 homicides.
- Twelve homicides were committed during daylight hours.
Stockton Police Department spokesman Officer Joe Silva said it's rare in homicide situations that a victim is random.
"So far this year, most of the homicides have been gang related. The majority of them, people know each other. Regular citizens are not being targeted," said Silva.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stockton man claims he is being fined for brown grass
- About a thousand attend funeral for shootout victim
- Stockton, CA leading contender for Tesla battery factory says Los Angeles Times
- Dozens of tips phoned in on 4th suspect in Stockton shootout
- FBI, U.S. Marshals looking for Stockton fugitive wanted on a drug indictment