Caltrans thanks community; construction finished ahead of time | Community
STOCKTON - In a press release Monday, the Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to thank the traveling public for their cooperation and consideration during the extreme maintenance activities completed during the full closure of State Route 12 (SR-12) from Interstate 5 in San Joaquin County to SR-160 in Sacramento County.
This complete road closure allowed maintenance crews to repair segments of SR-12 in three days as opposed to the 15 days with one-way traffic control and 90 minute delays it would have taken otherwise. On Thursday, June 9, Highway 12 was opened ahead of schedule.
During this closure, crews were able to: pour over 2,000 tons of asphalt to fill over 24,000 feet of roadway that was ground out, pick up 452 bags of litter and debris, repair failing shoulders, complete bridge inspections and maintenance, replace pavement markers and striping, perform almost five miles of crack sealing, sweep the entire ten mile corridor, mow weeds and brush and repair or replace 45 signs.
Upcoming Events near Stockton: North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11
- Ceremony of Carols Delta College's Winter Choral Concert Dec. 4, 7:30pm