Red Cross to open new Stockton office | Business
STOCKTON - The American Red Cross will celebrate the opening of its new Stockton office located at 2453 Grand Canal Boulevard, Suite 5, on Wednesday, Jan. 19 from 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The Capital Region Chapter of the Red Cross will host the ribbon cutting and open house. Stockton mayor Ann Johnston has been invited to attend.
"This is an exciting time to be at the American Red Cross and in this community," said Dawn Lindblom, CEO of the Capital Region Chapter. "We have much to do, particularly as we strive to help familise, businesses and the broader community to prepare for the various disasters and emergenives that occur in our area."
Lindblom said the new facility has enhanced the volunteers' capacity to respond at a moment's notice, but it's just as important that each member of the community is prepared to respond as well.
Interactive emergency preparedness demonstrations and activities highlighting various Red Cross services will take place throughout the facility on opening day.
Upcoming Events near Stockton North / West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Denham to Host United States Military Academy Information Night in Modesto
- Valley chicken farm operators banned from working with animals
- Modesto Irrigation District identifies alleged water thieves
- Reader Showcase // Our Crate & Barrel Outdoor Furniture
- A man was killed when he failed to yield to an oncoming train in Turlock Saturday night.